Cotati Public Review Draft Housing Element - April 2015
The Public Review Draft Housing Element, a focused update to the Housing Element of the City’s General Plan, is available for public review and comment. The Housing Element is required by State law to identify and analyze existing and projected housing needs in order to preserve, improve and develop housing for all economic segments of the community, and demonstrate how the City will accommodate its fair share of regional housing needs. The City of Cotati is updating the Housing Element consistent with the requirements of State law. The Public Review Draft Housing Element includes a Housing Program, which establishes goals, policies, and implementation actions to address the City’s housing needs through 2022.
The Public Review Draft Housing Element addresses the following topics:
• Review and evaluation of the current Housing Element;
• Population growth and employment trends;
• Household characteristics;
• Housing costs and vacancy rates;
• New construction and special population housing needs;
• Resources available for housing production;
• Inventory of available residentially zoned land;
• Governmental and non-governmental constraints to housing production;
• Energy conservation measures; and
• Existing affordable housing developments.
Where to View the Public Review Draft Housing Element
Download the Public Review Draft Housing Element. The Public Review Draft Housing Element update may also be reviewed during normal business hours at the City of Cotati Community Development Department located at 201 West Sierra Avenue in Cotati.
All interested parties are invited to review the Public Review Draft Housing Element and express their opinions. Please submit written comments to: Vicki Parker, Community Development Director, 201 West Sierra Avenue, Cotati, CA 94931, or by e-mail to: email@example.com. The public comment period will close on May 18, 2015.